Sunday, March 22, 2020

Funny Things Keep Happening

The other day my fiance and I went and did curb-side pick-up at Olive Garden. It was so funny because as we were driving to the curb, we watched another couple walk up to the doors of Olive Garden. The manager was waiting with a smile and said, "Thank you for joining us during the apocalypse, welcome to Olive Garden!" We got a good laugh out of that. 
The other funny thing that has been happening with all the stuff that's been going on is that a lot of people have taken up walking and running these past few weeks. The Provo running trail has been pretty crowded (relatively speaking, with socially distancing intact).  I didn't see any of these people running with me when it was 19 degree outside a month ago!

The funniest thing, though, is there's this older gentleman who I often see on my runs. Basically every time I see him, he's leisurely walking down the road, but every time he catches sight of me running, he also starts running! And this guy can run pretty fast. But it seems he only runs when he sees me running. I don't know if I'm his inspiration or his competition, but it definitely cracks me up. 

Anyways, with all the crazy stuff that's been going on, I feel like most everyone has been trying to cope with things in the ways that they can, whether that be through humor, distraction, appropriate social connection, or physical exercise. One thing that's given me comfort the past few days is the scriptures. I found this cool verse in the Book of Mormon though that was pretty relevant to the current events happening right now. To give a little context, this scripture is about a prophet, Jacob, and how he responds to someone who challenged his faith in Christ and Christ's sacrifice (aka the atonement): 

Jacob 7: 12 
And this is not all—it has been made manifest unto me, for I have heard and seen; and it also has been made manifest unto me by the apower of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, I know if there should be no atonement made all mankind must be blost.

What hit me when I was reading this verse was that because of Jesus Christ, the world is not lost. As dismal as things seem to be right now, there is always hope in Christ. He paid the price for our sins so that we may live again. That's pretty cool! The world may become dangerous, the world may become unpredictable, but the world will never become lost. We can trust in that.

Thanks for reading! I wish you all the best of luck in staying safe, happy, and sane!  

No comments:

Post a Comment