Monday, November 27, 2017

Light the MTC

Hey fam!
So my Auntie Wea, my cousin Maija, and I created this super cool booklet to help you #lighttheworld this holiday season. I am SUPER EXCITED about it and wanted to share it with all of you.
As y'all know, I will soon be leaving on my mission to Argentina. Before I leave the country, however, I will spend six weeks training at the Missionary Training Center in Provo. There, I will *hopefully* learn to speak Spanish and teach others about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm super pumped! Since I'll be there for Christmas, I wanted to find a way that I could Light the World despite being in the MTC. I won't be able to participate in any of my family's service Christmas traditions, like baking cookies for friends and family, participating in local food drives, or inviting the missionaries over for Christmas dinner. In fact, I pretty much won't be able to leave the MTC much at all: I'll be hardcore training from dawn to dusk. So traditional community service just isn't going to work for me this year.
So, my aunt and cousin and I got thinking. How could I, as a missionary, light the world this Christmas?
After a super awesome brainstorming session involving lots of Didi Reese cookies (Side note: THEY ARE SO GOOD!) and paper, we came up with a booklet to help missionaries and everyone reflect on their own inner lights. After all, how can any of us light the world if we don't have light to offer to others in the first place?
The journal has prompts for each of the 25 days of service (learn more here). The prompts are designed to get you thinking about what light you have to offer the world. What specific set of life experiences, talents, and wisdoms do you have to offer the world?
College and missionary moms, this would be a GREAT thing to send to your missionaries and college kids. It's small, so it can fit easily into a package or big envelope, and it's the perfect thing to help make a child's Christmas meaningful when they are away from home. You can even send them a Christmas service package full of things that they may need to serve others, like thank you notes, candies, stamps, stationary, or basic toiletry items for the homeless. I know for me, I LOVE getting little journals or stationary items, as they are easy to pack and super useful.

You can download the journal here

Have fun lighting the world, and stay tuned for my Christmas at the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment