Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Light the World Part Two

So I just wanted to give you guys some more ideas with my advent calendar set up.






















If you haven't read Part One of this post, go back and read it first!
Originally, I had my advent calendar on the back of my wardrobe (see the picture on the right), but I ended up moving it to my front door so all the girls in my dorm could participate too!! (left picture) I left a note on my door that said "#lighttheworld Treat under each! Feel free to participate." I've had lots of the girls in my hall show interest in participating, so I was really excited to make the calendar available to them.
Here are the very simple steps for creating your own calendar:
1.) Print out all of the cards: In my last post, I posted a link to the place where you can find them. I printed these out in color for about $2.00 at my school's library, but if you're feeling like being extra cheap, you can print them out in black and white too
2.)Write out on sticky notes your gift for each day: You can see my last post for some ideas.
3.) Tape or sticky tack the cards to your door: Under each card, put one of your sticky note rewards. That way, each day you can lift up the card and see what your surprise for the day is! Personally, I liked using sticky tack to hold down the cards because that way, it is really easy to lift up them up and see what is under them.
And that's it! My roommate and I have been doing the challenges on the cards for the past couple days, and we've been having a lot of fun lighting the world. I wish you all the best of luck in lighting up the world too!

No comments:

Post a Comment