Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Of Watermelon Oreos, Mac and Cheese, and Sunshine

World hunger. Poverty. Disease. Death. Phone chargers that don't reach all the way to your bed. Failures and fears and just plain freaking out. Watermelon Oreos, brussel sprouts, empty lead pencils, and bags of chips which really turn out to be bags of air.
There's a lot of bad stuff in the world; enough to keep anyone miserable for a lifetime. I know most of us have formulated our own Why Life Sucks laundry lists that could effectively serve this lifetime of misery goal. We often read our lists to anyone willing to listen to us, and we thus further spread the misery. There's just so much that is wrong with the world, with our lives, and with ourselves, it's hard NOT to revert to this woe-is-me type attitude. It's the attitude that requires the least amount of effort on our part.
The true challenge is learning to see the good in everything. How often do we write Why Life's Amazing laundry lists? We've got pizza. Hope. Toothbrushes. Flowers. Joy. Colors and macaroni and cheese and sunrises and sunsets. We've got so much to be happy about! That's why I want to write about sunshine. I want to give a positive perspective to a negative world.
Now to an explanation of the second part of my name, "Scatterer". Scattering implies randomness, and that's exactly what I intended it to mean. I'm not writing on a certain topic or writing only to certain types of people. I want the freedom to write about anything, and I subsequently want the freedom to write to anyone. Sunshine is for everyone. Period.
I hope that I can be a Sunshine Scatterer and bring a little hope and joy into your lives.

-The Sunshine Scatterer

3 comments:

  1. Boooooooo. This is so cheesy I was on the verge of crying from silent laughter at this and at you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And theses are some serious first world problems. Your life is not bad.

      Delete
  2. This is actually really creative!

    ReplyDelete